Monday 22 October 2018

Singing Goddess

So you may or may not agree with this particular life event peeking into a Witchy blog. That's cool.

It's happening anyway!

Last weekend, I did a very uncharacteristic thing which was hung out with a coworker outside of work. By "hung out" I mean he and his girlfriend, my wife and I, his roommate and two of my close friends piled into two cars and drove 12+ hours to Connecticut for a concert.

Not just any concert.

I have been a Florence + the Machine fan since Lungs, since I heard two songs at a drag show, of all things, and Amy was like "yeah they're really good! I have the first album!"

This was my first time seeing Florence live.

I love a good show, there's just something about hearing your favourite songs live no matter what, but nothing on earth could have prepared me for this.

Without hyperbole, this was less a concert and more a religious experience in and of itself - there was magic in that arena, and I still haven't quite come all the way down from it yet. I don't know if I ever will. I very resolutely refused to ground myself for a full day afterward, because I had absolutely zero interest in coming down from the high I was riding. I feel as though some part of me was snatched away for the duration of the show, then giving back changed ever so slightly.  Along with some exciting things happening in other areas, I've been in a better mood since than I've been in awhile, despite succumbing to a head cold.

This woman is absolutely divine. 

So yeah, sort of a silly update, but also a reminder that there is magic in all sorts of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment